** Please see the bottom of this message if you would like to submit an event or deadline for next week’s edition.**
MONDAY, December 2, 2013:
World Aids Day Service
An Interfaith Service of Remembrance and Commitment will be held in Main Chapel at 7:00 pm on Monday, December 2, in observance of World AIDS Day 2013. Chaplain Bob French and Dean Jenn Michael invite the Wells Community to come and support the fight against HIV/AIDS. Candles will be lit in remembrance of the victims. Everyone is welcome.
Cheer on the women’s basketball team as they take on Hilbert at 7:00 pm in the Farenthold Athletic Wing
TUESDAY, December 3, 2013:
Happy Tuesday =)
WEDNESDAY, December 4, 2013:
Chamber Orchestra and Jazz Band Concert
7:30pm in Barler Auditorium
This is the last round of Student Activities cumulative trivia tournament. The team with the highest overall score after tonight will win $500 in dining dollars! We will begin at 9pm in the Sommer Center.
THURSDAY, December 5, 2013
Join Programming Board for their coffeehouse series at 9pm in the Express Café
FRIDAY, December 6, 2013
Holiday Card Printing Workshop
1-5pm in Morgan Hall
Wells IT Facebook
The IT department has created a Facebook page! They are witty and helpful – what’s not to like?! Like their page:https://www.facebook.com/WellsITsupport
Staff Forum Food Drive
Staff Forum is spearheading a campus wide food drive that will benefit the Southern Cayuga BackPack Program and the King Ferry Food Pantry.
We will hold the collection through the last day of class on Dec. 12th. There are 3 collection boxes across campus where you can bring your donations – those boxes are located in the Dining Hall, the front entrance to Pettibone and wing of Macmillan hall near the Registrar’s office. Detailed descriptions of both benefiting programs can be found on the donation containers. Below is a list of some of the more highly sought and used items. Please consider giving to this worthy cause!
• Individual juices (100% please) in drink boxes or small bottles.
• Macaroni and cheese (individual sizes)
• Small microwave meals (looking for proteins)
• Pudding cups
• Individual oatmeal packets (flavored please)
Please contact Mike Borsz with any questions at mborsz
January Intersession Internship Paperwork Due to Experiential Learning and Career Services by Thursday, December 12th
All January Intersession 2014 internship paperwork is due to Experiential Learning and Career Services on Thursday, December 12th by 4:30pm. Please contact Eric Vaughn at evaughn before December 12th if you have questions or concerns.
Please note: You may not start clocking any internship hours until your internship paperwork is 100% completed and submitted to Experiential Learning and Career Services.
1. The BigSun Organization is offering a $500.00 scholarship to student athletes. The deadline is June 20th 2014. For more information or to apply visit: http://www.bigsunathletics.com.
2. CoachUp is offering scholarships to student athletes, currently enrolled or accepted into a U.S. college or university. The recipients will receive a $2,000 scholarship and $500 towards private coaching sessions. For more information or to apply visit: http://scholarship.coachup.com.
4. DegreeDirectory.org is offering the $1,000 Student Saver Scholarship. The deadline is December 20th 2013. For more information or to apply visit the Facebook-powered entry form. You must answer the questions, “How much did you pay for textbooks this semester? What did you do to try to save on those costs?”
5. The Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program is offering a $1,000 scholarship. The deadline is June 14th, 2014. Students are required to submit an essay on the topic that appears on the scholarship page of the Abbott and Fenner webpage. For more information or to apply visit: http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm
6. The Sussle Scholarship is a $1,000 monthly scholarship that will repeat each month. To be eligible you must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student during fall, 2013 at an accredited college or university in the United States and you must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident. The deadline is at the last day of each month. For more information or to apply visit http://Sussle.org
7. The Air and Waste Management Association is offering scholarship to students in the Central New York region. Graduating high school students and current college students are eligible. These scholarship grants are up to $1,000. To be eligible you must be enrolled in a degree track related to the environment, be enrolled as a full-time student for the Fall 2014 semester and must be a resident of or going to college in the Central New York region. The deadline is February 28, 2014. You must complete the application. For more information or to apply visit the Financial Aid Office to get an application.
8. The Federated Garden Clubs of New York State Inc. is offering $1,000 scholarships. Students must be majoring in Horticulture, Floriculture, Landscape Design, Botany, Plant Pathology, Conservation, Forestry, Agronomy, City Planning, Environmental Studies, Land Management Wild Life Science and other allied topics. The deadline is March 1st, 2014. For more information or to apply visit: fgcnys.com
9. The National Garden Club Inc. is offering a scholarship. The deadline is March 1st, 2014. To be eligible you must have at least a 3.25 GPA and be majoring in field of study with a career related to Gardening. For more information or to apply visit the Financial Aid Office to get an application.
10. Visionary Integration Professionals is offering the Women in Technology Scholarship. There are multiple scholarships up to $2,500 per recipient. Students must be pursuing a career in computer science, information technology, management information systems or other related fields. The deadline is January 22, 2014. For more information or to apply visit VIP’s WITS webpage: lburns
Do you have an event or a deadline coming up this week that you’d like the Wells Community to know about? Copy and paste this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1T_XFsriyhKuBmorqcbbowftZA40lP6U6iaLwcN0zOoY/viewform fill out the form by 2pm on Friday and your event or deadline will go out to the community in the form of Wells Weekly Monday morning by 10am. **Please be aware Wells Weekly is only for those events or deadlines happening Monday through Friday.**
Assistant Director of Student Activities
Coordinator of Residential Programming
170 Main Street
Aurora, NY 13026
The education of an extraordinary life.
The contents of this message are intended for the addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify sender and do not read, copy, disclose or forward this message. Thank you.